Bug with binary ports? (tar: +CONTENTS: Not found in archive)

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun May 13 12:04:40 PDT 2012

But now that I noticed the strange reference to destroot and the work directory I tried once again to dist clean
---
$ sudo port clean --dist ktoblzcheck
---
and that indeed helped, since now I was able to install with the 2.1.0 like this:
---
$ sudo port upgrade ktoblzcheck --->  Computing dependencies for ktoblzcheck
--->  Fetching archive for ktoblzcheck
--->  Attempting to fetch ktoblzcheck-1.38_0.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/ktoblzcheck
--->  Attempting to fetch ktoblzcheck-1.38_0.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from http://packages.macports.org/ktoblzcheck
--->  Installing ktoblzcheck @1.38_0
--->  Cleaning ktoblzcheck
--->  Computing dependencies for ktoblzcheck
--->  Deactivating ktoblzcheck @1.37_0
--->  Cleaning ktoblzcheck
--->  Activating ktoblzcheck @1.38_0
--->  Cleaning ktoblzcheck
---
Eventually!

Thanks, Joshua!!!

Another issue followed however!
Right behind the cleaning of the above port the same port command went on like this:
---
--->  Updating database of binaries: 100.0%
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  Found 4 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
--->  Rebuilding in order
     automoc @0.9.88
     kmymoney @1.0.5
--->  Computing dependencies for automoc
Error: Couldn't activate automoc 0.9.88_3: Can't install qt4-mac because conflicting ports are installed: qt3
Error rebuilding automoc
    while executing
"error "Error rebuilding $portname""
    (procedure "revupgrade_scanandrebuild" line 350)
    invoked from within
"revupgrade_scanandrebuild broken_port_counts $opts"
    (procedure "macports::revupgrade" line 5)
    invoked from within
"macports::revupgrade $opts"
    (procedure "action_revupgrade" line 2)
    invoked from within
"action_revupgrade $action $portlist $opts"
    (procedure "action_upgrade" line 24)
    invoked from within
"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
    (procedure "process_cmd" line 95)
    invoked from within
"process_cmd $remaining_args"
    invoked from within
"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

    # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command
    set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..."
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 4784)
---

Is that error handling actually the wanted behavior??? It looks as if port itself stalls for some reason...

What concerns automoc it looks like one would need to restore an older version of it to allow qt3 to run, but that's a whole new issue, I am afraid…

Greets,
Marko