MacPorts 2.1.0 has been released

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 15 13:29:26 PDT 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 15:02, Marko Käning wrote:

> On May 15, 2012, at 9:49 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> Edit the appropriate setting in macports.conf; it's at the bottom of MacPorts 2.1.0's macports.conf.default.
> Oh, I see my mistake now. I only checked the macports.conf for an appropriate flag…

MacPorts does not upgrade your macports.conf for you. When you upgrade MacPorts, you must manually compare macports.conf.default with macports.conf and adopt any new / changed lines. Same for the other MacPorts conf files. This is described in the Migration wiki page. This same procedure applies any tim you upgrade a port that installs sample conf files.