Severe issue with gfortran (from gcc) with binary builds

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu May 17 04:15:07 PDT 2012

On 2012-5-17 18:57 , Thomas Robitaille wrote:
> I've identified a major issue which occurs with gfortran in MacPorts,
> but since I can't identify which dependency is responsible (all I know
> is that it's due to the binary builds), I thought I'd post here to ask
> for help.
> [...]
> If I install MacPorts (on 10.7) then gcc45 from scratch with binary
> packages, the issue is there. If I install all packages from scratch
> with the -s flag, the issue disappears. This suggests to me that there
> is an issue with one of the binary builds.

If a binary is built incorrectly, then the port will also be built
incorrectly from source for any user with a configuration that matches
that of the buildbot in the relevant ways. So it's not a problem with
the binary per se; the port just needs to be fixed to build the same
(correct) way in all cases.

As for which port is the problem, I think someone mentioned gmp previously.

- Josh