[93299] trunk/dports/math/atlas

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Sat May 19 23:41:12 PDT 2012

On 19 mai 2012, at 21:56, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> Making whitespace changes along with functional changes makes it really hard to spot the functional changes. Please make whitespace-only changes in a separate commit in the future.

I know that; but in this case, changes were so extensive (one can almost speak of a brand new Portfile) that I deliberately chose to forgo this rule and do both at once to avoid a double commit.

>  The first final version of clang 3.1 was scheduled to be released May 14, so you might offer a clang3.1 variant too.

Okay. There is no point in using Clang versions < 3.1 since AVX support is either non-existent or severely broken, and those versions fail to produce adequate FP-code (there are bugs). I’ll alter the port accordingly.

> So your determination of whether to allow the use of Xcode's clang should be based on ${xcodeversion}, not ${os.major}.

Granted. I’ll also alter the Portfile.

Thanks as usual for taking the time to scrutinize the Portfile and report errors!

Vincent