[enhancement] proposal - make all ports independent of which version of Perl is installed or the major one

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Mon May 28 01:15:03 PDT 2012

Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> I will submit a new patch replacing ${perl5.major} with p5.14.

And I do know that using ${perl5.major} makes their builds unrepeatable
according to some, but it only breaks if you switch version in perl5 -
otherwise you'll get the same each and every time you build.

So we are at present stuck with three unpalatable situations :
1) using ${perl5.major} might break things for some people
2) using a static version makes up/down-grading a PITA
3) hard to take decisions on when to upgrade the 5-<extensions>

:-(
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa