breakage from r99712

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sat Nov 17 09:46:56 PST 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 12:23:13PM -0500, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> >   Am I reading this wrong...
> >
> > http://trac.macports.org/ticket/126
> >
> > It seems to imply that MacPorts doesn't allow a Portfile to enforce a variant in depends_lib?
>
> We can get around this a few ways:
>  * PortGroup active_variants
>  * subports of tcl/tk
>
> > This seems like a horrible situation and we have just shifted the pain and suffering around.
> > The current situation allows packages like pymol to become randomly broken and will totally
> > confound end-users.
>
> Sounds like switching the variants to subports will mitigate the issue.

What a mess. It appears that required py26-pmw @1.3.2_0 and py26-tkinter @2.6.8_0
packages are now built against the tk @8.5.13_0+quartz. If I do...

sudo port -d install tk @8.5.13_0 -corefoundation

and then try...

sudo port -d uninstall tk @8.5.13_0+quartz

the issue is exposed. The dependency tree for solving this will be insanely complex.
          Jack