Buildbot documentation

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Oct 7 12:44:36 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-8 06:34 , Jann Röder wrote:
> Thanks Josh,
> and I'm right to assume that if my port has been built by the build
> server and a user tries to install it and his configuration matches one
> of the build bots a binary package will be installed? I read that there
> are also some requirements on the license for binary packages to be
> used. Which licenses does macports accept for binary packages? What
> happens if a port does not specify a license?

If you look at gather_archives.sh in the MPAB dir, it runs this:
<https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl>

If a port is not distributable, a reason is shown in the stdio of the
"gather distributable archives" build step. You can reproduce this
manually by running:

./port_binary_distributable.tcl -v ${portname}

- Josh