Server Migration: buildbot

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Sep 17 08:27:49 PDT 2012

At 7:34 AM -0700 9/17/12, William Siegrist wrote:
>I will be migrating the buildbot master (build.macports.org) at 1pm
>PDT today. The website will be down, and no builds will be possible
>during that time. Afterwards, I will trigger builds for any commits
>that came in during the downtime.

Been meaning to ask...I'm a newbie maintainer.  One of the hoped-for
benefits of developing my port was that the buildbots would rebuild
it each time a dependency changed and that I'd be notified of any
failed builds.  Alas, I found at the end that a license conflict
means that binaries can't be distributed and that the buildbots only
build for distribution.

Would it be possible to set up the buildbots to test build (certain?)
ports even though the binaries can't be distributed?

Or would this put too much load on the buildbots?

Craig