MacPorts and sandboxing

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Sep 27 11:45:18 PDT 2012

What about other options like chroot? Would it be possible to build
within a chrooted environment? Maybe that would be too heavy in having
to copy all dependencies to the chroot.

Maybe switch the macports prefix to /opt/local/chroot, move everything
in there (building, installing, etc), and then create links in the
/opt/local prefix upon activaton. Or something like FreeBSD's jails
where the /opt/local prefix could be mounted within the jail.

Or would that break libraries? I could imagine all sorts of problems
with absolute paths. Though maybe that could be solved by having the
system /opt/local mounted at the jail's /opt/local.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448