active_variants and path: dependency

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Mon Apr 1 08:52:32 PDT 2013

Some of my ports (and, some others such as those using pango or
pango-devel) require both active_variants as well as to use the
"path:name:port" dependency syntax.  The attached patch adds the
"path:name:port" syntax option to active_variants, by using the
internal (portutils) command "_get_dep_port" to resolve parsing the port
name to check for variants.  It works nicely for me, and isn't even a
hack!  Thoughts / comments?  I'd like to get this patch, or something
like it, checked in sooner rather than later to make use of the feature
it provides. - MLD