Certificate Authorities: curl-ca-bundle, certsync, keychain

Landon Fuller landonf at macports.org
Fri Dec 6 06:02:44 PST 2013

[sorry for the delay, picking this up again post-holidays]

On Nov 29, 2013, at 3:38 , Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> I’ve switched many of my MacPorts installs to certsync, including on Leopard, but I don’t know if it’s working correctly (how would I test that?).

As long as you're getting a populated cert file, you're set.

> Unfortunately certsync fails to build on Tiger; I would love to get that fixed.

What are the errors you're hitting? I don't have a Tiger install to work with locally, but in theory I could try to bring it up in VMware.

> The problem with leaving curl-ca-bundle intact and leaving ports using the path:-style dependency is that all existing users of MacPorts would continue to use curl-ca-bundle unless they manually intervened. If certsync is working properly, it would be nice to automatically switch all users to it (i.e. make curl-ca-bundle replaced_by certsync). That’s going to get tricky if we have to make exceptions for older OS versions.

I'd be fine with that; let's sort out the OS compatibility and get it working across the board.

-landonf