[102536] trunk/dports/python/py-hgsubversion/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Feb 4 15:08:23 PST 2013

On Feb 4, 2013, at 17:03, Sean Farley wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> I've looked at the ports in the python folder. The only one that overrides the categories erroneously is py25-mpdclient2. Maintainer Cc'd.
>
> Oh? How did you check? Searching for categories of py-* ports that use
> the python-1.0 group and have 'python' in the categories without using
> append (which seems erroneous to me) gives me 125:
>
> $ grep -l 'categories .*python' -r dports/python/py-* | xargs -I{}
> grep -l 'python 1.0' {} | wc -l
> 125

I used:

$ grep -E 'categories[[:space:]]' dports/python/*/Portfile | grep -v 'categories[[:space:]].*python'
dports/python/py-svipc/Portfile:    categories          science yorick
dports/python/py25-mpdclient2/Portfile:categories      audio

> For example, py-yaml or py-bottle both overwrite categories with 'python devel'.

Yes but that's not a problem. Since the python portgroup sets categories to python, setting categories to python devel is exactly equivalent to appending devel to the categories.