Removing port submit

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Feb 10 14:40:05 PST 2013

Hi,

while I was writing a patch for #32542 [1] I noticed that base could
benefit from some refactoring. As a first measure, I'm proposing the
removal of port submit. Since I assume not everybody on the list is
familiar with what port submit does, let me run port help submit for
you:

> $ port help submit
> Usage: submit
> Submit a port to the MacPorts Web Application (unimplemented)

The last change related to what port submit used to do (did this
actually ever work?) was more than 6 years ago, back in the time when
org.macports.submit was still called com.apple.submit[2].

If nobody objects to the removal, I will start working on this
Wednesday.

[1] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32542
[2] https://trac.macports.org/changeset/26177/trunk/base/src/port1.0/portsubmit.tcl
--