Request for help with port organisation: how to install several versions of data files

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Jul 3 03:14:56 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> I'd suggest letting extract do its thing and moving the data files in destroot. Moving (as opposed to copying) should be an inexpensive operation.

Good point. I now fixed that and also added the other two checksums. I
have put it to SVN, so that it's slightly easier to manage everything:

http://trac.macports.org/browser/users/mojca/ports/science/geant4-data/Portfile

Apart from:

a) putting the variable "set geant.datadir
${prefix}/share/Geant4/Data" to (yet nonexistent) geant4 PortGroup
b) rearranging the variables (and maybe dropping data.distname)
c) the question of whether subports should be separated or packaged
together for a particular version of Geant4
d) exact port name

the current state looks satisfactory to me, or at least allows me easy
testing and further development of Geant4 Portfiles. Any other
feedback is welcome of course. I'll continue working on Geant4 and
Gate ports next and come back to this when those will be nearly ready
to commit.

Mojca