request: bringing wxWidgets "up to date"

Titus von Boxberg titus at v9g.de
Wed Jul 24 01:02:39 PDT 2013

Mojca, all,

I don't have a solution for this problem.
Rather, I have a more fundamental question
(which, however, may have been discussed already):

Are there any interesting ports that are incompatible with 2.9
and really need to be compiled by macports?
Is 2.9 incompatible with any macports target os version?
Last time I looked (2012) pgAdmin (and Audacity?) were 2.9-incompatible,
and both provide precompiled binaries.

So, is there any reason to keep wxWidgets pre 2.9?
If not, the effort to keep the pre-2.9-ports might be better
put into bringing the incompatible software to 2.9

Regards
Titus