Building a universal static libstdc++ library through MacPorts

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 22 02:49:12 PDT 2013

On Mar 21, 2013, at 17:37, Alex Reynolds wrote:

> I am looking into editing the following line in the GCC 4.7.2 (universal) Portfile to prevent the deletion of the static library during the build step of that port:
>
> ------
> eval file delete [glob ${destroot}${prefix}/lib/*{a,py}]
> ------
>
> Is it correct that changing this to:
>
> ------
> eval file delete [glob ${destroot}${prefix}/lib/*{py}]
> ------
>
> ...is sufficient prevent the deletion of the static library?

That sounds like a reasonable thing to try first.

Note that this is inside an `if {${subport} == "libstdcxx"}` block in the portfile. So in fact we're talking about the libstdcxx subport, not the gcc47 port.

> Assuming that is true, what commands would I run after editing this Portfile to rebuild GCC 4.7.2 (universal) and recover the static library?

You'll need to rebuild libstdcxx, not gcc47. The command to do so:

sudo port -n upgrade --force libstdcxx