Putting my Mac to sleep wedged my Installer package scripts

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sun May 19 19:08:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to install MacPorts 2.1.3 on my Retina Display MacBook Pro,
Model Identifier MacBookPro10,1, running Mac OS X 10.8.3.

When the Installer was running the package scripts, and reporting that it
had five minutes left, I had to catch a bus so I put the unit to sleep,
then closed the lid.

When I opened it, the Installer reported that it had seven minutes left.  I
let the installer run quite a lot longer than seven minutes, but the
estimated time left steadily grew to seventeen minutes without any
advancement of the progress bar.

Finally I used Command-Option-Escape to kill the process, but when I try to
run the installer again, it tells me that it's waiting for a previous
installation to complete.  I killed the process again, then tried to
restart, but OS X won't let me.  Instead it displays a window that says I
have to wait until the installation completes.  It still says Running
Package Scripts, but does not display a time estimate.

I can force a shutdown by holding down the power key, but am concerned that
I may have left my system in an unstable state.

I'm happy to file a bug report if you like, but I seek your advice as to
how to get installed.

Keep up the good work!

Mike

--