Detect OS upgrades and refer users to Migration

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Nov 17 06:11:52 PST 2013

On 2013-11-17 14:44, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2013, at 06:57, Rainer Müller wrote:

>>> That sounds good to me.
>>
>> Implemented now on trunk:
>> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/113478
>
> Thanks. I see you’re checking OS_PLATFORM and OS_MAJOR. Could we check OS_ARCH as well?

That's difficult as the distributed pkg installers for Tiger and Leopard
are universal. Therefore it's not a fixed value, but from a list of
supported archs.

However, there is no configure option for that list yes, as only the
MacPorts Portfile passes multiple -arch options to the compiler and does
not tell configure about it.

Rainer