[113549] trunk/www/install.php

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Nov 19 14:11:27 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 04:42:32PM -0500, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> Could you share your reason why the user would think they can skip
> step two?

Step 1 is: "Install Xcode", and your commit further detailed it into
 - Mavericks: xcode-select --install
 - *OTHERS* see Xcode and Xcode Command Line Tools

Sounds to me like running xcode-select --install is enough on Mavericks
to install Xcode, which is wrong. People might even just miss the
"Install Xcode" header and end up without Xcode installed.

Step 2 is agreeing to the Xcode license, but that doesn't tell people
they need to install Xcode and how they can do that.

> I'm not sure there's a better way unless the quickstart becomes a
> Mavericks-only section.

What was wrong with linking to
  http://guide.macports.org/#installing.xcode,
which has the correct instructions for 10.9?

--
Clemens Lang