introducing Trac_Assigner: a script to automatically assign tickets to their port maintainer

Eric Le Lay elelay at macports.org
Tue Oct 1 13:02:54 PDT 2013

Hi,

please find a first version (0.1.0) of the PortsAutoComplet trac plugin
here [1].

It adds a handler to return a textual listing of matching ports for
autocompletion of the port field and javascript code to perform the
autocompletion. When the user selects a port, the maintainers are added
to the owner/cc fields as appropriate.

Known limitations:
 - doesn't work for existing tickets (I figured too late that the owner
   field had a different behaviour in existing tickets - need to
   reassign, etc.). This can and will be fixed in next release.
 - doesn't work if javascript is disabled (everything is done client
   side).
 - autocomplete uses a cache to only fetch results the first
   time and further refine from the cache afterwards. This is good
   for responsiveness and server load but bad because I had to set a
   limit to the number of results returned for a given query (let's
   say 'po') and the port you want might not be in the 100 first
   results.

I'm welcoming your comments on the approach or the code.

Cheers,
Eric

[1]
https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/users/elelay/PortsAutoComplete