contributing to macports

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Wed Oct 9 12:41:27 PDT 2013

On Oct 9, 2013, at 12:25 PM, Yury Selivanov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a custom ports tree that I've been actively maintaining and using for myself: https://github.com/1st1/ports-overlay
>
> If it's possible, I'd like to contribute some of it to the main line, particularly:
>
> - nginx +lua variant
> - postgresql database with 'contrib/hstore' option (this is a very trivial patch to the original port)
>
> - cassandra database
> - riak database
>
> - everything else worth interest (lots of python packages for instance)
>
> Please advise me what the next steps might be.

For changes to existing ports create unified diff patchfiles [1] and open a trac enhancement ticket [2]; remembering to cc the maintainer if there is one.

For new ports open a trac submission ticket.

[1] http://guide.macports.org/#development.patches.portfile
[2] http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets.creating

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)