Friendly talk

Guido Soranzio guido.soranzio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 02:23:57 PDT 2013

On Aug 29,David Strubbe-2 wrote:

> What the advantages and disadvantages does Homebrew have with respect to MacPorts?

If you are very passionate about Cocoa and dynamic languages, I think you
can’t ignore Ruby and GitHub.

There’s a very vibrant community growing around the CocoaPods, a new
package manager written in Ruby which allows to integrate hundreds of
open source libraries and components in you Xcode projects.

Forking and sharing you personal work is very easy in Homebrew and
CocoaPods. You can also “tap” directly other personal repositories
before their inclusion in the official trees.

Guido

—
https://github.com/gui-dos/Guigna