[111279] trunk/dports/devel/aqbanking5

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Sep 18 22:57:45 PDT 2013

On 2013-9-19 15:34 , MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
>>> +if {$subport != "aqbanking5-svn"} {
>> == and != are for numeric comparisons. For string comparisons, you should use eq or ne. (Yes, this issue is pervasive and needs to be fixed in a lot of ports.)
>
> Thanks for spotting this one!
> Changed in r111344.
>
> Crazy that even "port lint --nitpick" didn't find this!!!
>
> I suggest to improve the lint command to avoid stuff like this in the future.
>
> (Still, it seems to have worked with "!=" as well.)

Yes, it does work. Those are not numeric comparison operators only, they
are general purpose comparison operators which favour numeric comparison
when the operands can be interpreted as numbers.

So it's not really an issue at all in a case like this, but certainly
it's preferable to use an explicit string comparison when that's what
you want.

- Josh