[111305] branches/gsoc13-tests/src/package1.0/tests/test.tcl

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Sep 19 04:47:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 04:04:07PM +1000, Joshua Root wrote:
> > -        set result [eval exec $tcl $test $arguments]
> > +        set result [eval exec -ignorestderr $tcl $test $arguments]
>
> This does not work in Tcl 8.4. Redirecting stderr anywhere (even to
> itself) will prevent an error being thrown when it's written to.

The tests currently won't work with Tcl 8.4 anyway, since they use {*}
in a couple of places. Patches welcome -- to be honest, I'm probably
going to add support for building a private Tcl 8.5 rather than fixing
this.

We've seen a recipe for doing that on the list a couple of weeks ago, so
it should be a lot of work anymore, and I'm tired enough of supporting
Tcl 8.4.

--
Clemens Lang