Re: Temporary fixing a file in /opt/local/share… generated by another port

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Fri Sep 27 02:47:12 PDT 2013

Hi Rainer,

> You should patch py-sip. Is it fixed upstream already? Then just
> backport their fix.

No it is not. The latest version, released some days ago, still has the bug.

> When patching py-sip directly, other programs using this feature will
> benefit from the patched version as well.

The problem is that I’m unsure the patch is correct and solves the bug for others apps. In short: I can’t decide if it’s a correct fix or a ugly kludge, that’s why I hesitate to hand it over as a patch for pyXX-sip.

Vincent