How to recover from wrong port naming at time of 1st commit?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Dec 10 23:49:01 PST 2014

Hi maintainers,

how do I best recover from erroneously committing a new portfile [1] under a wrong name?
As I don’t want to cause trouble for MacPorts’ port database I want to verify whether
the following workflow is correct:

 1) Create a new port kcm-baloo-advanced (being a copy of baloo-kcm-advanced)
 2) Changing baloo-kcm-advanced into obsolete and replaced_by kcm-baloo-advanced
 3) Commit both at once

I think simply renaming the port’s folder by
---
$ svn mv baloo-kcm-advanced kcm-baloo-advanced
$ svn ci
---
might not be a safe alternative...

Right?