buildbot and binary archives ...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 20 17:17:56 PST 2014

On Feb 20, 2014, at 09:44, Peter Danecek wrote:

> On 20 Feb 2014, at 16:00, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>> packages.macports.org/PACKAGENAME/
>
> So looking up `http://packages.macports.org/py-obspy/` reveals that a binary archives were produces some time ago. These are marked "noarch", which is probably wrong. There are compiled extensions. I do not understand where this comes from, this was not changes in the Portfile. I suspected it might have been set by the Port Group, but if I read the code right, it is set only for the py-* port not the version specific subports.

And looking at the list of binary packages provided, *only* the py-* stub port is available. The actual compiled extensions are not being made available as binaries; there are many reasons why that might be the case. Also, the newest version shown there is 0.8.4; the port is currently at 0.9.0.

> Do I need to set supported_archs explicitly?

No.

>> The logs area available on the buildbot master for the mavericks post slave:
>> https://build.macports.org/buildslaves/apple-mavericks-x86_64-ports
>
> Do I understand this correct, only the logs from the last something like 24h are available?
> What other possibilities I have to get older logs or to trigger a build again?

Logs are kept longer than that, however I’m not aware of a mechanism to look up older builds. If a build of one of your ports (or, if you’re a committer, a port you committed) fails, you’ll receive an email with a link to the report about that build, so if you’ve saved your old emails, you could get the link from there.

>> In base, the Tcl script that does the license:
>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl
>
> Licences is LGPL-3, so this should not be the problem.

$ ~/macports/base/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl -v -t /opt/local/Library/Tcl py27-obspy
"py27-obspy" is not distributable because its dependency "py27-backports-ssl_match_hostname" has license "python" which is not known to be distributable