[115574] trunk/dports/graphics/makeicns/Portfile

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sun Jan 5 15:52:55 PST 2014

> On Jan 5, 2014, at 5:29 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Right, it’ll become simplified, but not totally eliminated. :/
>
> Adding -stdlib=… would be wrong for non-clang?
>
> It would be nice if base could put the right argument into the flags automatically. I don’t think we can realistically expect to hand-modify 10,000 portfiles for this…

Trunk does add "-stdlib" automatically (and only for Clang, I think), but it appends it to CXXFLAGS in configure's environment. I implemented configure.cxx_stdlib this way to ensure that ports could not accidentally trash the argument by setting configure.cxxflags, as they can currently do to configure.optflags. The downside is that we need this boilerplate for ports that don't read CXXFLAGS.

Another option might be to set a variable trace on configure.cxxflags to ensure that it always contains "-stdlib…". I can look into this when I'm back at my machine.

vq
Sent from my iPhone