qemu on Mavericks?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Jan 12 12:50:43 PST 2014

On Jan 12, 2014, at 12:44 PM, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2014, at 20:31 , Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
>> So I think you need to remove the USB device in the qemu guest and see if that works.
>
> Chris, so far I am not trying to use any USB device.

When I say USB device, I meant the interface in qemu that presents USB within the guest. Clearly the linux kernel is finding a USB bus.

> I am just trying to install OpenSUSE using an ISO file…
> Well, and the installation procedure is searching for USB devices FOREVER, unfortunately.

I'd expect this. Delete the USB interface for the virtual machine you've created with qemu.

> So, I guess qemu isn’t a true alternative to virtualbox on MacOSX, due to the missing kvm implementation.

I see it uses Xen or KVM, but the fact you're getting this far, well past the kernel and initramfs being loaded, seems like it is working.

Chris Murphy