Fetchmail wiki

Francois Claire fclaire at free.fr
Mon Jun 16 02:29:14 PDT 2014

Hi Kurt,

I'm using macports fetchmail daily.

I'm not using fetchmail as a daemon, I use launchd to fetch my mail
every 2 minutes:

theflame:~ myuser$ cat /Library/LaunchDaemons/myuser.fetchmail.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://
www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
     <key>Label</key>
     <string>localhost.myuser.fetchmail</string>
     <key>ServiceDescription</key>
     <string>fetchmail - myuser user</string>
     <key>Disabled</key>
     <false/>
     <key>UserName</key>
     <string>myuser</string>
     <key>ProgramArguments</key>
     <array>
         <string>/Users/myuser/devel/scripts/fetchmail-call.sh</string>
     </array>
     <key>RunAtLoad</key>
     <true/>
     <key>StartInterval</key>
     <integer>120</integer>
</dict>
</plist>
theflame:~ myuser$ cat /Users/myuser/devel/scripts/fetchmail-call.sh
#!/bin/bash

/opt/local/bin/fetchmail || [ $? -eq 1 ]
theflame:~ myuser$

As you're hot on the wiki you may include this alternative way of using
it  ;-)

Note my machine is still on Mountain Lion.

François.