[121204] trunk/dports

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sun Jun 22 16:43:52 PDT 2014

* On 22.06.2014 10:47 pm, Michael Dickens wrote:
> I use XQuartz's xterm, which, when used with default settings, locks when one
> of those characters comes up.  [...] But, since by default the xterm does not,
> and I require xterm for my work (to get the display correct), and I'm guessing
> the average user doesn't set the xterm to handle these characters, [...]

The "average user" is not even using xterm.

Also:

rxvt-unicode @9.16_3 (x11)

Variants:             lite, (-)universal

Description:          rxvt-unicode is a clone of the well-known terminal emulator rxvt. Some of its main features over rxvt are use of UCS-2 or UCS-4 to store text internally, locale-correct in- and output, stability, completely

                      flicker-free display, support for Xft and core fonts in any combination, etc.

Homepage:             http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/rxvt-unicode.html

Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig

Library Dependencies: Xft2, expat, ncurses, perl5, zlib

Platforms:            darwin

License:              GPL-2+

Maintainers:          evangoldenberg at gmail.com, openmaintainer at macports.org

Enjoy!

Sarcasm apart, a crash should be investigated. At least to make sure it doesn't happen with non-obsolete software.

Mihai