Checking for C++ runtime link mis-matches ?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 00:19:10 PDT 2014

Hi,

> On 24 Jun 2014, at 01:01 am, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 23, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Christopher Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Does MacPorts now check for linking c++ runtime mis-matches, i.e. when one library using one runtime, libc++ say, links against another using an incompatible runtime, libstdc++ ?
>
> Not that I know of. My understanding was that a compile error would occur, so you wouldn't ever get to the point of having a compiled item which you could check; compilation would fail before that happened

Correct, this is what happens. I was just hoping to find a way to catch it before this stage, which could be at the end of a long compilation. Ie. port A uses port B. Prior to building, port A could check what runtime port B used, and if that differs to the one its is *about* to be built with, issue a warning/error.  Both ports do not need to be built, only port B.

Chris