unloading in pre-deactivate

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Jun 29 04:29:17 PDT 2014

Hi,

> is it feasible to unload a port on pre-deactivate?
> I noticed that most of the deamons are still loaded and running when you
> uninstall a port.

That's certainly a feature we should add to MacPorts base for all ports
that install a launchd plist. Ideally, we'd preserve the load state across
an upgrade. That would probably mean adding a registry table to store the
current load state, unconditionally unload on uninstall and load depending
on the information in this table on install/activate.

Patches welcome, I guess. If you'd like to work on this and need a couple
of pointers to where the relevant code is, don't hesitate to ask.

--
Clemens Lang