Question regarding +debug variant of KDE ports and qt4-mac

"Marko Käning" mk-macports at techno.ms
Mon Jun 30 23:48:35 PDT 2014

Hi all,

> At the risk of variant bloat we could also s/replace/add/ +debug_${name} and +docs_${name}.

The question is whether variants in general can be added temporally in order to get rid of
them once we've got MacPort changed according to Michael's proposal wrt +debug?

Is it actually allowed to remove a port variant just like that or does it require to leave
some stub around in such a case? I hope we've got that documented somewhere in the wiki,
Guide or man pages?

Greets,
Marko