MacPorts port of LaTeXML

Bruce Miller bruce.miller at nist.gov
Tue May 6 09:32:56 PDT 2014

On 05/06/2014 12:08 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Bruce Miller <bruce.miller at nist.gov
> <mailto:bruce.miller at nist.gov>> wrote:
>
>     I have a draft of an updated Portfile,
>     but am not clear how to express the dependencies
>     on the Perl modules: DB_File, Pod::Parser and Test::More.
>     There don't seem to be separate p5-<module> ports
>     available.  Are these included in other ports,
>     or are they included in the Core perl modules?
>

> There's a "corelist" program included with Perl which can answer these
> questions:
>
>      pyanfar:20005 Z$ corelist DB_File
>      DB_File was first released with perl 5
>      pyanfar:20006 Z$ corelist Pod::Parser
>      Pod::Parser was first released with perl v5.6.0
>      pyanfar:20007 Z$ corelist Test::More
>      Test::More was first released with perl v5.6.2

Ah, thanks for that!
I should have pointed out that while LaTeXML has Mac users,
I can only rarely get hold of a Mac; setting this up is sorta
like building a ship in a bottle --- with the lights out.

> We don't package perls as old as 5.6 any more, so you can assume these
> are all installed with perl. We also don't mangle the perl core like
> certain Linux distributions do, so if it's in core perl then it's in our
> perl ports.

That's good to know; I'm normally a Linux developer, so yeah,
I've had to deal with some of those mysteries! :>

>     And, assuming I get that sorted out,
>     how might I go about suggesting this
>     port for inclusion in the MacPorts repostitory?
>     It looks as though adfernandes is no longer
>     active.
>

> The usual way: file a ticket on Trac with the new Portfile (or diffs
> from the old if appropriate) and any additional files needed.

Sorry; didn't know. I've created the ticket.

Thanks Brandon;
bruce