[MacPorts] #43828: clang-3.4 package uses mismatched libc++ headers and libraries

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon May 26 17:12:38 PDT 2014

On May 26, 2014, at 15:49, Jack Howarth <howarth.at.macports at gmail.com> wrote:

> So the newer llvm.org libc++ headers are used to obtain a more mature STL.

Yep.

> While find that reasonable, it would seem unlikely that you could move the system libc++.dylib from Mavericks to ML or Lion or from ML to Lion since they should be compiled with a higher default deployment target, no?

Correct.  You can't use libraries with a higher deployment target on older systems.

If users want a newer C++ runtime than is provided by the host, they need to build it themselves.  See the libcxx port for example.  If ever needed, we could update that for Lion (and not auto-install it).

--Jeremy