Batch-add Python 3.4 port for all ports that support 2.7 and 3.3?

Christoph Deil deil.christoph at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 7 02:14:54 PST 2014

Hi,

I’d like to ask if adding Python 3.4 ports for all ports that support 2.7 and 3.3 would be a good idea?

Over the past months I’ve filed a few individual requests to add 3.4, the latest example is here:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45810 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45810>

As @arronax writes in
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45810#comment:4 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45810#comment:4>
there are still 573 ports for which 3.4 is missing:
https://gist.github.com/cdeil/5ca1b2a8c29423e7cea0 <https://gist.github.com/cdeil/5ca1b2a8c29423e7cea0>

I think there will only be a handful of ports that do work on 2.7 and 3.3, but don’t on 3.4, and there’s no automatic way to identify those.
So it might be acceptable to just batch-add 3.4 to all or most of those ports to avoid Macports users and devs having to discuss and add this in 573 individual tickets?

Cheers,
Christoph