Port deactivate boost hangs forever

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 12 20:30:37 PST 2014

On Nov 12, 2014, at 5:15 PM, Clemens Lang wrote:

> On 10 Nov, 2014, at 12:34, Clemens Lang wrote:
>
>> Just found https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-lite-ios/issues/487, in specific
>> https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-lite-ios/issues/487#issuecomment-58717637
>> which might explain our problems. We should check our indices.
>
> Can somebody who can still reproduce the issue try again with
> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/128086? Unfortunately it seems boost activation
> with and without this is currently fast (~ 90 sec) for me.
>
> Maybe the performance only degrades if you still have older, inactive versions of
> boost active? Could somebody who didn't delete the old boost version yet try
> re-activating the old version, then go back to the current one and measure times
> both without and with the above update?

No change for me. Before or after r128086 MacPorts takes about 11 minutes 30 seconds to activate or deactivate boost on Yosemite. I have only one version of boost installed:

$ port -v installed boost
  boost @1.56.0_2+no_single+no_static+python27+universal (active) platform='darwin 14' archs='i386 x86_64'

$ sw_vers
ProductName:	Mac OS X