svn conflict

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 18 08:59:43 PDT 2014

On Oct 18, 2014, at 8:22 AM, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 12:45 PM +0200 10/18/14, Peter Danecek wrote:
>> On 18 Oct 2014, at 02:55, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>>
>>> I've ended up with an svn conflict--just in the capitalization of the directory name, if I'm reading this right.
>>>
>>> SixBare:mp-trunk-ports craigtreleaven$ svn status
>>> ?       sysutils/MacPorts_daemondo
>>> !     C sysutils/macports_daemondo
>>>      >   local add, incoming add upon update
>>
>> Might this be, because the underlaying FS is not case-sensitive (only case-preserving) so the two names would identify basically the same directory?
>>
>> Have you used `svn mv` to capitalise the name? Or how did you get into the current state?
>
> I don't know how it got out of sync.  I thought I committed it with uppercase in the directory name.  Anyway, I just changed the local directory name to lowercase, did 'svn update' and the conflict is gone.

You probably had the directory "MacPorts_daemondo" on disk, but ran "svn add macports_daemondo" which scheduled it for addition in the all-lowercase version. Subversion is always case-sensitive, even on case-insensitive-but-case-preserving filesystems.

> I can live with the lowercase directory name.

Note:

$ port lint MacPorts_daemondo
--->  Verifying Portfile for MacPorts_daemondo
Warning: Line 2 is missing RCS tag ($Id$)
Error: Portfile directory macports_daemondo does not match port name MacPorts_daemondo
--->  1 errors and 1 warnings found.