svn conflict

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 18 09:24:04 PDT 2014

On Oct 18, 2014, at 11:18 AM, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> At 10:59 AM -0500 10/18/14, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> $ port lint MacPorts_daemondo
>> --->  Verifying Portfile for MacPorts_daemondo
>> Warning: Line 2 is missing RCS tag ($Id$)
>> Error: Portfile directory macports_daemondo does not match port name MacPorts_daemondo
>> --->  1 errors and 1 warnings found.
>
> I'm an svn newbie, where/how does the RCS tag get set?  I thought it was something that was automatically added by svn.

You manually put the line "# $Id$" as the second line of the portfile, after the modeline. Subversion fills in the details.

https://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.creating-portfile.html

> Should I now do 'svn move sysutils/macports_daemondo sysutils/MacPorts-daemondo' ?  Don't want to screw this up more...

Yes, you should fix the case of the directory. Since you have a case-insensitive filesystem, you'll need to do the move in the repository, rather than in your working copy:

https://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#case-change