Configuration and environment check command (was: Re: [124047] trunk/base)

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Thu Sep 4 16:59:08 PDT 2014

On Sep 4, 2014, at 5:07 PM, Eric Gallager <egall at gwmail.gwu.edu> wrote:

> Does it have to parallel "selfupdate"? "diagnose" works perfectly well
> by itself without the "self" in front of it...

Of course it doesn't *have* to. But most of the port(1) verbs operate on ports and port names, whereas "selfupdate" operates on the MacPorts installation itself. So it would make sense to have a "selfcheck" that checks on the MacPorts environment itself, as a whole.

(I know, rev-upgrade and sync [and probably others] don't really operate on ports per se. It's a rough guideline.)

vq