Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 3 21:22:24 PST 2015

On Dec 2, 2015, at 11:39 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> Clang is the only compiler currently supported
>> (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/supported-platforms.html),
>> which is the reason for compiler.whitelist clang.
>>
>> In the same configuration files, C++11 support is achieved via -std=c++11
>> and -stdlib=libc++.
>> The cxx11 PortGroup was added in an effort to ensure that these flags would
>> work.
>
> All that is fine, even though I don't understand the mixture of
> blacklisting and whitelisting that results in the warning.

Sounds like the qt portgroup says "clang" is the only acceptable compiler, and the cxx11 portgroup says "clang" < 500 is not acceptable. Since the last version of "clang" on Lion was 425, it gets blacklisted, leaving no acceptable compilers.

I would guess there is no reason, other than stubbornness, for the qt build to require specifically /usr/bin/clang, as opposed to a compatible version of clang installed by MacPorts.

> (Hopefully Ryan will manage to figure out what is wrong with the 10.7 buildbot.)

I am working on it.