[MacPorts] #49961: fetch for port hdfeos failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 19 00:43:31 PST 2015

> On Dec 19, 2015, at 1:13 AM, takeshi at macports.org wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’d like to manually upload the source of hdfeos
> because the FTP server of master_sites is down.
>
> Could you instruct me how to do this?

We don't offer this. You can upload the file to any other server that you have access to, and adjust the master_sites in the portfile to point to it.

> BTW I wonder why it is not on MacPorts’ mirrors.

The MacPorts servers cannot directly access FTP sites. They need to do through a proxy server (run by Daniel Luke). Until recently, the proxy server was not configured to allow the distfiles server to access it, so files on FTP servers were not mirrored. This was fixed 12 days ago, but perhaps the FTP server had already been shut down by then.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45262