portindex ignores (filters out) unchanged port

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 00:44:30 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm seeing an issue with some of my recent KF5 ports where portindex doesn't reprocess them if unchanged (and not run with the -f option). That's intended behaviour I think, but not that they're removed from the PortIndex .
This doesn't happen with all ports; I'm seeing it with kf5-kate (http://trac.macports.org/ticket/50008) and the KF5 kompare ports (http://trac.macports.org/ticket/50094) but not with kf5-kwalletmanager (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/50143). Yet that latter port is different somewhat only in the order of statements; `port lint` gives the exact same warnings. Any ideas?

Why does portindex reprocess portfiles with subports, btw? Is it because it was too complicated to determine nothing changed in those files? (Storing a hash for a port's portfile should do the trick, no?)

Thanks,
René