OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts on OS X

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Feb 7 10:20:40 PST 2015

On 07 Feb, René J.V. Bertin wrote :
> Sigh. Do you also have a very strict and above all clear policy how insults are quantified?

Telling someone reporting a bug to "piss off" or "fuck himself" is quite clearly
an insult.
Accusing someone of insulting him, is either true, or a lie.

If someone insulted Jeremy, he should be blamed. Else, claiming it is
just wrong.

> > Who's right and wrong is different.
> But comparably vague.

No. Insults are not vague.

I see that we will have to agree to disagree. And stop this discussion
here.

But as far as I'm concerned either Jeremy can back his claims, and the
person should be sanctionned, or he is a liar.

> > https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/multimedia/VLC/files/patch-ffmpeg-2.4.diff
>
> Hmmm, that's a patch for VLC 2.1.5 which is debatable indeed, and which should never have been submitted here without proof that the newer versions were in fact supported after all (or without companion patches implementing that support). I don't know the case, I just didn't notice any issues with VLC 2.1.5 myself that could be attributed to running a too new libavcoded (I have 56.13.100). That's all I say about this. Oh, and that the patch is no longer included with port:VLC-devel . Has the limitation been removed?

VLC 2.2.0 supports lavc >= 56.

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf