memberlist

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Feb 10 13:22:22 PST 2015

On Feb 10, 2015, at 8:01 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be possible to give members of the list access to the memberlist

Technically, yes. Mailman allows the list administrators to change the visibility of the subscribers list.[1]

Practically, there's no need to broaden this visibility, and doing so would make a great many subscribers uncomfortable (including me).

> or something similarly useful when you already know a person's address and just want to verify if s/he is subscribed and thus doesn't need to be CCed?

This is not something senders should care about. If a subscriber doesn't want to receive multiple copies of messages, it's their responsibility to adjust their Mailman delivery settings as desired.[2]

vq

    [1] http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-v2.html (search for "Who can view subscriber list")
    [2] http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node21.html