Xvfb MIA

Jack Howarth howarth.at.macports at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:04:46 PST 2015

Rene,
      My point was that it is not uncommon for cran modules to contain
code that triggers access of the X server during the execution of 'R
CMD install'. For example, we see this behavior with the analyzefmri,
atelier, cairodevice, cluster fly, clustersim, fair, fmri, fso,
gwidgetsrgtk2, gwidgetstcltk, met sizer, nmrs, pbsmodelling, pkgraph,
pkmodelfinder, playwith, r2stats, rcmdr, rcmdrplugin.doby,
rcmdrplugin.ma, reshapegui-, rpanel, titan and tkrplot cran modules.
      We also sometimes have to resort to xvfb-run in our InfoTest,
which runs make check during package validation, on python modules
like pygtk2-gtk as well as on 11 different perl modules. All of these
are easily solved provided a Xvfb which functional is available for
use with a fairly simple xvfb-run script.
                  Jack