Switching to Perl 5.20 as the default Perl version

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Feb 19 03:06:05 PST 2015

Hi,

Once again ... are there any objections against switching to Perl 5.20
by default?

I don't have enough experience yet to do it all by myself, I'm also
not sure that I wouldn't miss some critical patches that need to be
applied all at the same time to prevent breaking things, so I would
really appreciate if other developers with more experience would come
up and start replacing 5.16 with 5.20 at all the critical places.

I really think that we should start moving forward. Nearly all the
perl modules should work with 5.20 (exceptions are negligible and
mostly somewhat broken anyway).

Mojca