Order of activation/deactivation pre/post phases

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:40:12 PST 2015

On Wednesday February 25 2015 13:54:26 Artur Szostak wrote:

I had a very similar question recently, but about the deactivation of the current version of a port being upgraded. That's the 1st thing that's done after the new version's destroot, at least when you prepare the destroot "manually" instead of just letting the install/upgrade command go through to the whole process.
With the current implementation, you can end up spending a considerable time with no version activated at all, while the new version is packaged and then unpacked and moved into place.
Try as I might, I cannot see a reason to deactivate the current version only just before the final act of moving the new version in place.

R.