[MacPorts] howto/SyncingWithSVN modified

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 05:55:28 PST 2015

On Monday January 12 2015 14:28:36 Clemens Lang wrote:
Hi,

> I deleted your change; the instructions were consistent and correct before.
> If they didn't work for you, just must have ran
>   cd $prefix
> rather than
>   cd $prefix/var/macports/sources
> as the how-to says.

Nope, I did the checkout in $prefix/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk using `svn co "http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk" dports` which should be the same as the command the how-to gives.

When I put file://$prefix/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports in macports.conf, I get an error during port -d sync saying that

/opt/local/var/macports/sources//var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports doesn't exist.

That's on Linux, though -- maybe that's where the bat blesses?